Durham Septic Tank Repair
Durham homeowners with a septic tank system understand the importance of general upkeep and prevention of potential septic tank problems. If you are relatively new to owning a septic tank and experiencing issues, Brantley Septic is at your service. Brantley Septic is the leading septic tank repair company in Durham and the surrounding area. We are here when you need us but before then here are a few preventative tips to avoid septic repair.
- Don’t overuse antibacterial soaps.
- Limit water use by taking shorter showers, etc.
- Never flush kitchen grease down your kitchen sink. A septic tank is not equipped to handle items other than household waste and paper products.
- Don’t plant shrubbery or trees with dense roots near your septic structure.
- Have your system pumped/cleaned every 3-5 years. To ensure your septic tank’s longevity, proper maintenance is key. Unless you have a garbage disposal, then annual pumping is recommended.
Now that you know how to prevent septic tank issues, here are some problems you may already have, indicating your septic tank requires repair.
- Root intrusion: Drainage issues and standing water in your yard due to tree or plant roots damaging pipes and lessening your drain field efficacy.
- Overflow: Gurgling or slow draining sinks and toilets can indicate your tank has reached its limit.
- Rainwater leaking into tank: If your tank overflows frequently, it may be because of a leak or design flaw that is allowing rainwater to enter. Ensure you have a proper closure on top (such as a cement top for your tank).
Septic repair can be expensive, however it’s important to not ignore the signs. Your septic tank could be failing and ignoring it will make matters worse. Brantley Septic offers the best prices and is the top-rated company for septic repair in Durham. If you are worried that your septic tank needs repair, contact us at (919) 404-9511. We are ready to work with you on fixing your septic issues!