Septic Tank System
Septic tank systems treat and disperse comparatively small volumes of wastewater from residential and commercial buildings. Improper servicing or addressing of issues can turn into human health issues or greatly decrease water quality. Septic tank system failure is normal and eventually will occur. As a homeowner, you are responsible for maintaining your septic tank system. By utilizing the services of the leading provider of septic tank system services Brantley Septic, you will have the assistance you need to do proper septic tank system maintenance. The regular maintenance of your system will reduce the chance of failure and help maintain the investment in your home. Malfunctioning septic tank systems can contaminate the ground water that you or your neighbors drink and can pollute nearby rivers, lakes and coastal waters. (252) 478-3721
What are the steps you can take to keep your septic tank system working effectively?
- Locate your septic tank and drain field. Keep a drawing of these locations in a safe place.
- Have your septic system inspected at least every 3 years.
- Septic Tank pumping should be conducted as needed (generally every three to five years).
- Don’t use sinks or toilets to dispose of household hazardous wastes.
- Keep other household items, such as dental floss, diapers, cat litter, etc. out of your system.
- Continue efficient water usage.
- Plant only grass over and near your septic system. Roots from nearby trees or shrubs can clog and damage the system.
- Vehicles can damage your septic tank system due to their weight. Do not allow vehicles to be on top of your septic tank.
- Gutters and basement sump pumps should not drain into or near your septic system.
Did you know that as a homeowner you’re responsible for maintaining your septic system and by doing so you are protecting your investment in your home? Most valuable way is to periodically inspect your system and pump out your septic tank. If properly designed, constructed, and maintained, your septic system will provide long-term, effective treatment of household wastewater. If you decide to sell your home, your septic system must be in good working order.
Keep your Septic Tank system in good working order. Call Brantley Septic today or complete our easy online form today. (252) 478-3721