SEPTIC SYSTEMS ARE COMMON IN RURAL AREAS OF CLAYTON NC
Having a home in the rural USA is a dream for many and a few lucky people, Clayton is a great place to realize that dream. However, fulfilling that dream comes with the possibility of multiple problems if certain issues are not checked and addressed from the outset.
When you purchase a home in rural Clayton, whether used or new build, the septic system is one of these things that must be questioned and inspected. If you already own a home in rural Clayton, then regular maintenance and inspections should be on your annual list. Brantley Septic is the leader in rural septic system inspections, repairs, and maintenance.(252) 478-3721!
RURAL CLAYTON HOMEOWNERS
Homebuyers and Homeowners in rural areas need to consider so basics relating to their septic systems. It is wise to stay on top of system operation, but first knowing which system you have is imperative. Not knowing could lead to system malfunctions and damage.
Septic systems come in several types with a wide range of pricing. The more basic systems utilize gravity for wastewater dispersal and depend on the soil for treatment, whereas other options contain moving parts that necessitate electrical power. Septic system types:
- Conventional System
- Low-Pressure Dose
- Aerobic Wastewater Treatment
Septic systems are not one size fits all. Every effort must be made to ensure the correct system type is installed for the rural home site. Brantley Septic can work with you to review the existing or if it is a new home build, determine which septic system is optimal.
An incorrect system will increase the chances of system malfunctions. Malfunctioning septic systems are costly and may have health and environmental consequences. Making sure your septic system is optimal for your rural home will save money in the long run.
RURAL SEPTIC SYSTEM: RULE OF THUMB
- Minimum 10,000 square feet required for Septic Systems.
- Minimum ½ acre lot if the system is to be used for a home
- Minimum ¾ acre lot if drinking water tank needed.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CLAYTON RURAL SEPTIC SYSTEMS
- Be careful what you flush or dispose of down the drain
- Watch for roots and plants too close to the system
- The right plants can be good. Plants can help prevent erosion and expel liquid and nutrients from the soil, allowing the septic system to function more efficiently.
- Limit Grease
- Septic system drain fields are not supposed to look like a bubble bath – Check your Laundry Habits
- Take a walk in your drainfield to check for a problem
- Watch the color of your grass
- Have system pumped regularly
- When your septic system fails, have it repaired a soon as possible
- Protect against freezing pipes. Let them drip, but in a bucket, not back into the pipes.
The more you know the more confident you will be with your septic system. Understanding the needs and history of your Clayton Rural Septic System is important and Brantley Septic can help in making sure you ward off undue malfunctions and costly repairs. Call today for inspection or maintenance(252) 478-3721!